Arizona Events Create Lasting Holiday Memories and CheerPublished December 5th 2018 at 8:46am
Arizona townships are some of the country's best for spreading Holiday Bliss! No matter the budget (open or meager) and no matter the age, they offer something wonderful for everyone. Whether you enjoy dazzling light displays, unique gift buying opportunities, physical exertion, music and theater, or all of the above, there is an event certain to please you, your family, and your friends.
Is Time of the Essence? Of Course it is! It is the Holiday Season!
People often say that the Holidays come and go rather quickly. They find themselves preparing for dinners, work parties, gift exchanges, and school parties and before they know it, the season has come and gone. But, there is a way to make the Holiday Season last longer.
Holiday Outings are Sure to Make Joyful Memories
Taking the time and choosing to attend special Holiday events is rewarding. It will allow you to spend extra time with friends and family doing something you enjoy, instead of checking-off another thing from an obligations list, which will result in memorable reflections for years to come!
Not Sure Where to Start? Consider Our Suggestions
Let's begin with your interests. If you or your family enjoys the outdoors and lights, we recommend these awesome options:
- Glendale Glitters is a win-win event. The city of Glendale's " 1.6 million LED lights " will put a smile on the face of any Holiday lights fanatic. But for those less enthused by sparkle, there is shopping, a petting zoo, music, entertainment, glorious food, and a snow field! Did we mention the snow field? Some of the attractions cost and some are free. Best of all, the festivities begin on November 23, 2018 and extend through January 12, 2019 making it easier to fit some fun into a chaotic schedule.
- Las Noches de Las Luminarias festival at the Desert Botanical Garden in Metro Phoenix has been a favorite for many people over the years. Words cannot do the artistic display justice. If botany, lights, nature, and history excite you, then this festivity is for you! Adult admission is $30.00, Child Admission, ages 3-12, is $12.50 and Children under the age of 3 are free.
- Tlaquepaque's Festival of Lights celebrates 46 years of Holiday Magic ! A bell tolls at 5:00 pm on December 8, 2018 and illumination begins. You can purchase special lights in honor of cancer patients and survivors for $10 each. Plan to arrive at 3:00 pm to visit with Santa, shop, let the kids do crafts, and listen to amazing music!
- Phoenix Zoo Lights mixes it up each year to present a lights display that will keep people coming back. Even those who frequently visit the animals at the Phoenix Zoo are surprised by the Holiday Wonderland the Zoo creates each year. Again, there is plenty of time. The festivities kick off on November 21, 2018 and end January 13, 2019.
Does live theater and music put you in the Holiday Spirit like nothing else? If this is the case, AZCLC suggests the following:
- Ballet Arizona's The Nutcracker is back by popular demand. Do not delay, tickets will sell quickly. Performances are available from December 13-24, 2018. Ticket prices start at $33.00 depending on which seating section you choose at Phoenix Symphony Hall .
- An Irish Christmas if you like Irish dancing and Irish music, this is one theater performance you do not want to miss! The Kerry Dance Troupe will perform one night only, December 5, 2018 at 7:00 pm, at the Orpheum Theater in Phoenix. The tickets start at $80.00.
- Sonoran Sunset Series is hosted by Chandler's Environmental Education Center at Veterans Oasis Park . The series actually runs from October through March, on the third Thursday of each month. Local entertainers, The Real Thing Band, will perform Holiday Songs on December 20, 2018. The concert is absolutely free! Bring chairs, blankets, snacks and be ready to celebrate the Season!
Looking for something more athletic and physically exerting? Do not miss the following local celebrations:
- Gilbert Arizona's The 12Ks of Christmas is celebrating 10 years of family, holiday fun! The event is being sponsored this year by Fulton Homes and supports the Arizona Pet Project. There is a 12K run, a 6K run/walk, and a 1.5K Santa run. Enjoy Santa's Pet Village and Christmas Bazaar as well. The fun takes place on December 8, 2018 at Freestone Park in Gilbert . Run for pets and people!
- City Skate Holiday Ice Rink offers a chance to experience a true winter sport this Holiday. The 30 foot Unity Tree centered on the rink will be illuminated with thousands of lights, and the enchantment of a Winter Holiday will surround you! The rink's hours vary, so make sure you check the website for hours of operation. Admission is $15.
- Ballet Fusion Fitness in Mesa is offering a unique opportunity this Holiday which is sure to thrill the adventurous soul! Register to take a 90 minute Rockettes Theme Workshop and learn to kick like they do in New York City! The class takes place on December 5, 2018 from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm. Registration is available online.
Arizona Contractor License Center is here to make your business and life easier. Contact us today for all your licensing, bonding, and contract needs. We wish you a safe and Happy Holiday!